Thank you for joining getting started article. Let’s discuss, So by default Buy Me app automatically setup all Basic Settings and app should start in your store. Let’s discuss one by one all Basic Settings options.
Make sure Buy Me app status must be enabled in order to display whole Buy Me app into your store that includes Buy Me widget, Buy Me Cart, Quick Buy On Product Listing Pages and URL Based Listing.
If you just want to disable Buy Me widget only then make Buy Me app enabled and just untick/uncheck Desktop Enabled and Mobile Enabled checkboxes and press Save button.
This is completely Optional settings. So if you will not change anything in Positions then we will apply our default settings. Positions is really useful feature in Buy Me widget. This will allow you to control your Buy Me widget where it should display and you are able to make spaces from top or bottom as you want. Let’s discuss all in little detail as below.
- Widget Position: You are able to set your Buy Me widget position either Top or Bottom based on your needs. You are able to set this position in Desktop and Mobile separately so you are able to target/serve your Desktop customers and Mobile customers separately 🙂
- Widget Vertical Position: You are able to adjust Buy Me widget in Desktop and Mobile separately. This is really useful when you have some other apps or banner that may overlap Buy Me widget or visa-versa happens. If this happens just increase or decrease value of Widget Vertical Position and check after clicking to Save button.
- Widget z-index Position: You are able to adjust Buy Me widget in Desktop and Mobile separately. This is really useful when you have some other apps or banner that may overlap Buy Me widget or visa-versa happens. If this happens just increase or decrease value of Widget z-index Position until Buy Me widget come before other containers in your store. Please make sure to click on Save button after making any changes.
3. Additional Colors (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. So by default we will use your Shopify Theme settings when applying colors to Product Name, Price and Compare Price. But if you want to change default behaviour with new colors you are able to change colors from Additional Colors section here.
4. Buy/Add To Cart button (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. So if you will not change anything in Buy/Add To Cart button then we will apply your store default Add To Cart/Buy button text and style.
Here you are able to change Buy Me widget button text and it’s animation as you like. So say your default product page Add To Cart/Buy button text is Add To Cart but in Buy Me widget you want something else text say “Buy Now” then you simply need to add “Buy Now” without quotes in Button Text field here as you see in above snapshot. And we will display “Buy Now” text instead of your default store’s product page Add To Cart button text.
5. Variants (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. So if you will not change anything in Variants then as default we will not display Variants in Buy Me widget only. Variants will display in your Product page as per your theme settings and availability of variants.
Here you are able to change Buy Me widget Variants settings. So you are able to enable Variants for Desktop and Mobile separately. Also if you want to show Variants Labels there is option for this as well. Variants Labels means Sizes, Colors or anything else as per your Products Variants Labels.
6. Quantity Box (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. So if you will not enable Quantity Box in Buy Me widget then we will not display Quantity Box although it’s display in your Store’s Product page.
Here we are providing two options to enable Quantity Box in your Buy Me widget. You are able to enable in Desktop and Mobile both or only Desktop or Mobile.
7. Social Media Sharing (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. So by default this setting is disable and if you want to enable simply click on checkboxes on Social Media Desktop and/or Mobile and we will display Social Media icons that you will choose from below lists and your customers will able to share product(s) to their Social Media and you will get more traffic from their Social Media referral contacts for free. Isn’t it so cool ? 🙂
Here we are able to display 6 types of Social Media for Desktop and 7 types of Social Media for Mobile as Whatsapp is for mobile use for now.
8. Others (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. So by default these settings are disable and if you want to enable simply click on checkboxes that you want to enable. For Reviews Stars you have to select Review Star company that you are using Review App. Let’s discuss all in little details as below.
- Skip Cart and go directly to Checkout?: If you will enable/check this setting then Buy Me widget simply redirect your customers to your store’s Checkout page instead of your store Cart page. It will reduce sometime Cart Abandons but it’s not good if you are using any Shopify Discount Apps that provide discounts at Cart page for example Special Offers By Shoptrade, Inc. Shopify app, Ultimate Special Offers Shopify app etc. If you are not sure please chat with us or email us from in app chat widget. But don’t worries for your Discount codes that you have generated from Shopify Admin as it’s possible to apply from Checkout directly.
- Display full width button in mobile?: If you will enable this setting then we will display Buy Me/Add To Cart button only for your mobile customers. We will hide rest of all things from Buy Me widget for Mobile only. Sometime if you enable this setting is good for your Mobile users as it will simply display one sticky button with Buy Me/Add To Cart button and your customers will get more larger view in your Mobile site version to see Products and any other information from your store. So it’s your choice based setting 🙂
- Enable Instant Load?: If you enable this setting then we will display Buy Me widget as soon as your Product page load in your customers browser. This setting will be really helpful where your product page has default Add To Cart button but it’s too down and your customer need to scroll more in order to purchase your product. So it’s totally depend on which Shopify Theme you are using. If you are not sure to use this settings or not and have confusion then please chat with us or email us from in app chat widget and we will help you.
- Reviews Stars?: If you enable this setting then we will display star ratings in Buy Me widget that given by your customers from your store Review app. But you have to select appropriate Review Company from list of company that is displaying in Buy Me app Basic Setting page. If you will not find your Review Company in list then please chat with us or email us from in app chat widget and we will include your Review Company name.
9. Custom CSS (Optional):
This is completely Optional and Advanced part for customers who have developer/designer with them or who know CSS design language. In normal scenario you never need to do anything in Custom CSS part but if you need highly modification on design of Buy Me widget, Buy Me Cart, Quick Buy Me On Product Listing Pages or URL Based Listing in this case you have to include CSS Classes here.
10. Disable Buy Me Widget (Optional):
This is completely Optional settings. If you want to disable Buy Me app on certain pages like some product(s) or for some URL Based Listing pages then you should need to include this meta to your page where you want to disable Buy Me app.
So if you want to disable Buy Me app in one or more product(s) only then simply add <meta name=’buy-me:active’ content=’false’ /> to Products -> Select Product -> Description -> Click <> icon and just paste <meta name=’buy-me:active’ content=’false’ /> to Description section and save product.
If you want to disable Buy Me app on other pages like Home page or any static pages. Just include <meta name=’buy-me:active’ content=’false’ /> on that page only from Online Store -> Themes -> Current Theme -> Click on Actions button -> Edit Code -> Just find that page from left side list and put<meta name=’buy-me:active’ content=’false’ /> code at last.
So same you are able to disable Buy Me app on any pages. You simply need to add this code to that page and We will disable Buy Me app on that pages.